Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Is it Tea time?

So, while we wait for the small batch test later this week, we are looking at adding a line of 100% organic teas and tea blends to our "family".  We'll see. Are we nuts? Let us know. Like the idea?  Let us know that, too.

Back to sauce city..... today I meet with crazy Dave. He needs to create a small sample of each of our sauces for the co-packers this Thursday.  This is a critical step.  Like a rocket launch.  Everything must flow smoothly and taste exactly as we want them.   Dave's samples (based on our recipes)  will be the taste guide for the food boys in Lancaster.  Michael can't make it to the meeting with Dave and me, but will get to taste Dave's concoctions when he returns home from Baltimore.

Since Michael can't be there, I might just tell Dave to leave those capers out of the Piccata sauce.  Ha!

I hate capers.

Michael A. and the rest of the friggin world like them I guess.....uggh. To me they look like little rabbit turds.  Yuk. If you hate capers, let Michael know. Im still lobbying against them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Guys,

    I'm really looking forward to the sauces! The tie-in between the sauces and teas might be a little difficult for the market to embrace, at least in the beginning. Capers are essential for piccata despite their rabbit droppings-like appearance, plus they are excellent for flinging at other diners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like capers and agree with the dual advantages pointed out by your previous guest. I also like tea though.

    ReplyDelete