Thursday, August 5, 2010

FML?

Rid's response to today: I'm just not quite sure what Michael's problem is. He needs to emote more. Tell it REALLY like it is... Whatever. He captured the play by play of the day accurately, (see post below) however it certainly was NOT an FML day.

IT WAS A F**KING WTF DAY! IT WAS A FRIGGIN "IM GONNA LOSE MY MIND" DAY!!!

Look, if you're thinking of going into the food biz with that super secret sauce recipe that grandma makes--the recipe that has been handed down for four generations....DONT DO IT. There is the real chance that you will end up needing psychiatric counseling. This food game is a friggin nightmare. Okay, It's FML. But, it's also WTF on steroids.

Right now, I feel like FML stands for: FAT MENTAL LOSER. That's me alright.

Yes, we want our simmer sauces to be all natural. They have to be. The only "all natural" thing going on here though is my need to pee every four hours!

So, we have to go back. Do this whole charade over again. Make sure all our ingredients have no preservatives or flavor enhancers in them. Next week, we'll probably discover that the friggin water isn't all-natural and that we need to import water from Iceland or something. WTF.


This is me in the middle, flanked by crazy Dave on my right and Michael A. on my left.
We look dorky and happy here, don't we?  Dorky? Yes. Happy? No.

Okay, okay. Gimme a second to catch my breath..... Im okay now. Im about to pour myself another drink and realize that that this day has been a blessing. (God help us). Had we moved forward, using these ingredients--AND-- had we gone to a major food chain, like Whole Foods, who we REALLY want to do business with at some point in the future (because our simmer sauces ARE really fabulous), and found out that our sauces were blacklisted because of some crap in the stock base AND the friggin denatured wine--  well.....I'd just go wander off somewhere and blow my f**king brains out.

So, I'm now looking on the bright side. This day saved our lives. Really. We also learned more in one day about production and food prep than we could've ever hoped for.

We saved our Simmer Sauce company, too.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good guys! If you don't have any hair is it sill a hair net???

    ReplyDelete