Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Knock knock......

Rid here: Well, now it's hustle time.  Pressing that flesh. Trying our best to get into every gourmet shop around. I am a little impatient though.  Of course they want to sample the sauces....that takes time. Ugh.
Then...they have to think about it.  Ugh. I want to walk in, wow them with our pitch and have them yell out, " OMG, I'll order 100 cases of each sauce-- you have created the greatest thing since sliced pineapple and we want it in our stores--NOW!"

Aint gonna happen like that.  I'm learning a whole new phase of this business now. It's called persistence and patience. Ugh. Ugh.

We had the good fortune of being featured in the local newspaper. A great article about two guys who, out of work, start up a unique food company.  And people are noticing.  We are getting calls, emails and the like.  We are also sending out samples and our sales kit to food websites, reviewers, online gourmet sites and media folks.  I'm now best friends with the girl at the local UPS store.  I walk in and she says, "the sauce man is back"  I tell her that I am now a saucier extraordinaire.  (Am I losing it already?) The trick is to hustle. Never quit. Work 12-15 hours a day.  Get out there. Analyze. Strategize.  Scrutinize.

Im also learning how to be a sales guy.  I'm not a sales type person.  But again, I'm learning. And listening. Trying different tacts.  Honing my skills.

Online orders are slowly coming in--and that's to be expected.  It's going to snowball. Into a really really big snowball we hope.

Tomorrow, Michael A. and I are attending a class at St. Joseph's University's Food marketing school. This is going to be a thrill.  And we are excited by being selected to be a part of their marketing assignment. These students will grill us and we will grill 'em right back. Ha!

Wow....things are actually starting to pop.  (wow)

time to cook dinner.  Am making my not yet famous shrimp scampi tonight (hint: add orange zest with the lemon zest-red pepper flakes, lots o garlic!)

Til later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment